Make Money with Google AdSense
Many people now have their online portfolios or their blogs, some have websites for their local business or for online business. What if we tell you best ways to make money from Google AdSense on your website? Yes, you can monetize websites or videos is and make money with Google. Google AdSense is one of the easiest ways to make money from home. It’s easy to understand easy to setup and after that just sit back and get paid by Google AdSense.
What is Google AdSense?
Well, according to Google, Google AdSense is free of cost, easy to use and most elegant way to make money online from home just by placing Google’s Ads on websites, blogs and online portfolios. Let’s dive deep. In laymen’s term, Google AdSense is a kind of advertising program which allows you to publish ads your blog or website or even videos on YouTube. Later, you get paid when any visitor on your blog or website click on those ads.
Why Google AdSense is best?
There are several plus points I will try to list them all below.
- First and foremost, Google AdSense is totally free. You don’t need to spend any penny to join Google AdSense.
- Secondly, it’s one of the easiest online advertisement programs on the internet.
- Eligibility requirement to join this program is very easy. In other words, you can monetize your blog even if it’s new.
- It’s customizable. Which means you can adjust and customize ads according to your need and place on your website. You can arrange Ads along with your content as the way you want. You can adjust dimensions of Ads according to your webpage.
- Minimum limit which you must earn to get a payment from Google is $100. Means, Google won’t issue any payment unless you cross the minimum threshold set by Google.
- If you make more than $100 in January, then Google will issue the payment in February.
- If you couldn’t make more than $100 in January, then you must make $10 more to reach the minimum threshold in February. Afterward, whatever you will earn you will get paid in next month which will be March.
- You don’t need to have a website. Google Ads is adaptable on Blogger. If you have a blog on Blogger, then you attach AdSense to your blog.
- When you Sign up for Google Ads, it shows a quick tour of how to set up everything.
- If you have more than one websites, then you can run ads on all of them as long as you fulfill the policies.
- It also provides the options of running ads on handsets and RSS feeds.
Well having said that where there’s a good there’s a bad.
Few Drawbacks of AdSense
- If you make Google Angry then it’s not very forgiving.
- You will get your account terminated if you break the policies and rules set by Google.
- If you try to be smart and click on the ads which are showing on your website, then you your account will be disabled.
- In order to make money with Google AdSense, you need traffic on your site or blog.
- Whenever anyone come on your site and click on an ad on your site you makes few pennies but they also leave your site.
- It’s one of the best make money from home option but it’s not very quick or doing nothing kind of option.
- A lot of rules and policies of Google are strict and hard to identify when you might have violated them.
- Eventually, a lot of people lose their AdSense account.
How does AdSense Work?
Well, it’ pretty simple and easy. First, you’ve decided what type of Ads you will be showing your ads. There are a plenty of Ads which you can show. They can be text ads, graphics videos audios and more. Types are also discussed in details in this article.
After you are done with what type of Ads you will be showing on your site then you will select the ad dimension i.e. height and width according to your web page design and content on it. There are many already define sizes and dimensions. You can customize them too.
After selecting the dimensions, you have to get the code of that Ad and copy it on your web page where ever and ads will be displayed after some time.
Who is eligible for AdSense?
If you have a blog and you have good traffic on your blog. Then you can apply for AdSense to make money with Google.
If you have a self-hosted website of the local business or about anything you are good to go.
If you have free hosting provided by WordPress or Blogger, then you can make also apply for AdSense.
How much can you earn from AdSense?
Honestly, it’s entirely up to you. If you’re passionate about Google AdSense earnings, then you can make a lot. Generally, most of the people think they will start making money from home within few months. Well, that’s right if you have a lot of traffic on your website. Just as a general overview you can make from $1 to $100,000+ but again it depends on several factors. Such as, in which country you are? From which country you are getting traffic? What’s the cost of that ad(CPC)? and more. In a nutshell, how much you earn online it all depends on the traffic.
Different types and sizes of Google AdSense
There are 6 types of Google AdSense which are enlisted below.
- Text Ads.
- Image/Graphic/Display Ads.
- Video Ads
- Audio Ads
- Mobile Ads
Text Ads shows text advertisement instead of Image Ads. Text ads are either Ad Unit(Single) or a Link Unit(multiple). Text Ads are customizable. Size, color, text, the link can be adjusted according to the color theme of page or needs. If you don’t want to show Display Ads on your website, then text Ads can be the best alternative.
Image Ads are also known as Graphic Ads and Display Ads. Image Ads are commonly used banner Ads which are available in multiple dimensions. These Ads are also adjustable. The size of Ads can be from the full page (728*90) to a small button (125*125).
Video Ads are rich content ads displaying video instead of an image. Video adds are usually 2 types. 1) Cost Per Click (CPC). 2) Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPM) here M denotes Thousand. The main advantage of CPM ads is that impression is a counter of the fist image of the video when a page loaded.
Link Ad Units
They are more than one Ads which are linked either horizontally or vertically. In the vertical link, there can be three links together and in horizontal it can 3-4 link together in single ad units.
Recommended AdSense Sizes
If you want to improve your revenue then, Google recommends the following ads to use.
- Large Rectangle 336 * 280
- Rectangle 300 * 250
- Leaderboard 728 * 90
- Wide Skyscraper 160 * 600
- Responsive Ads which will automatically fit on the page depending on the available size.
Google AdSense Payments
You will get paid by Google monthly through direct deposit or check. Usually as mentioned above, if you earned more than $100 in February you will get AdSense Payment next month which will be March. If you have Payoneer, you can connect your Payoneer and all the earnings will come in your Payoneer account. Later you can directly deposit from local ATMs or transfer money from Payoneer to your local bank account.
Tips for AdSense
- Do not click on your own ads.
- Don’t encourage visitors to click on ads.
- Don’t ask family or friends to click on ads.
- Keep track of your Ads.
- Make it your side income, not sole income.
- Follow the rules.
Do not click on your own ads
As mentioned earlier, if you are trying to be smart or if you’re unaware, just do not click the ads on your website. Google is smarter than you and knows everything, Google knows your IP address if you click on your own ads then by tracing IP Google will find out and this is against the rules of AdSense and you will get your account disable.
Don’t encourage visitors to click on ads
Do not type any text which encourages the visitors to click on the ads. It applies on Image adds. It’s up to visitors either they click or not. So just follow the guidelines and rules and there’ won’t be any trouble.
Don’t encourage friends or family to click on ads
Don’t ask your friends which live in other cities to click on the ads because they will keep clicking and keep clicking every day and again Google will know and disable your account.
Keep track of your Ads
Keep track of your ads and you must understand all the information. Suppose if you had 15 clicks in last month and now in next month you got 30 clicks in the first week. It means something is wrong.
Moreover, very importantly do not tell others about your site because if you pissed someone off then they are in rage and want to fight back they will click on ads on your site and will get you banned even if you did nothing.
Make it your side income, not sole income
You must never put all the eggs in one basket. Even though you have many websites and you are good at SEO you should not depend on AdSense earnings because you have no idea. Anything can happen any time. So, use other monetization ways as well.
Follow the rules
If you want to make money with Google AdSense, then you must follow are the rules and guidelines provided by Google. There’s limit of ads on every page you must not put more ads than the limit otherwise sooner your account will be disabled.
If you’ve any questions, please feel free to ask. If you like the information, then please don’t forget to share it.
Stick with us and you will Get Rich!